Chemical Peel Information
Before having this treatment, you should not have prolonged sun exposure for one week prior to treatment and for two weeks after treatment. Redness, swelling and mild flaking typically last 1-3 days after treatment to exfoliate the skin.
***Multiple peels may be necessary to provide the best results***
– If you are worried about red, irritated skin after your Chemical Peel, ask our skin care professionals to add a calming masque to help speed up the recovery process. SkinCeuticals BioCellulose Masque helps alleviate discomfort while allowing for breathability. The continuous cooling and soothing the masque provides will reduce the heat sensation and therefore reduce the redness and irritation that most patients experience after a Chemical Peel.
– Reduce the look of fine lines and discoloration by safely remove the outer layer of dead skin cells on your face using our concentrated Glycolic Acid. This will bring fresh new skin to the surface of your face, which will help improve fine lines and wrinkles, and reduce pigmentation issues caused by sun damage.
– Revitalizing treatment that focuses on diminishing fine lines, dark circles, and puffiness around your eyes.
Scalp Massage Treatment
– Help relieve stress and tension using soothing massage movements on your scalp. Having your scalp massaged can also provide a great environment for hair growth by increasing blood flow to your hair follicles.
– At Sewickley Med Spa, we would love to give you hair free skin on your face after your Chemical Peel. However, it is not recommended to have the unwanted hair removed with wax before or directly after a Chemical Peel. If you would like our Aesthetician to perform this service, please schedule it for another day.
– Waxing of underarms, legs, arms, and bikini area are also offered.
– Extractions unclog pores and which provides you with a fresher foundation for your skincare products to penetrate your skin. At Sewickley Med Spa, we want everyone to leave each visit with clear, smooth looking skin, therefore, we recommend that all extractions you may need be done at your visit to enhance the results of your Chemical Peel.
If you wish to add any of these services please let us know and we will happily provide time in your scheduled visit for you to experience these amazing services.